- March 30, 2018
- By admin
- In Arizona, Camping, Off Road Riding Areas, Outdoor Tips
As a child I often enjoyed playing outside. Growing up it was not unusual to see kids riding their bikes all over our city. The talented and daring kids did bike tricks while riding the bike backwards on the handle bar, while others just did that standard wheelie. Child’s play is not what it use to be. Now with the technology available you can visit anywhere in the world, explore virtual worlds via your own tv screen.
Some children might not want to play outside to the the extreme weather we experience. Making outdoor playtime a bit more difficult but it is still important for physical development and mental wellness.
According to a study by health.gov* playing outdoors is essential for both adults and children. The site lists several benefits of physical actives such as
• Regular physical activity reduces the risk of many adverse health outcomes.
• Some physical activity is better than none.
• For most health outcomes, additional benefits occur as the amount of physical activity increases through higher intensity, greater frequency, and/or longer duration.
• Most health benefits occur with at least 150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes) a week of moderate- intensity physical activity, such as brisk walking. Additional benefits occur with more physical activity.
• Both aerobic (endurance) and muscle-strengthening (resistance) physical activity are beneficial.
According to the CDC (Center for Disease and Prevention), students who are physically active tend to have better grades, school attendance, cognitive performance (e.g., memory), and classroom behaviors (e.g., on-task behavior).Higher physical activity and physical fitness levels are associated with improved cognitive performance (e.g., concentration, memory) among students.*
Encourage children to engage with their environment when going outdoors. Games like I spy helps with environmental awareness. When looking for ways to engage with out doors you sold consider a camping trip. Experiences children have during their childhood will help create a stronger bond with your family and nature. Learning about wilderness survival skills at a young age helps create a greater sense of self confidence.
Yuma is a great place for a variety of outdoor activities. Check out our blog for outdoor camping sites
Hope you have a great time!
Book your appointment now and get $5 discount.MAKE APPOINTMENT